Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

EX: , having issue with push botton start on Honda accord

Customer Question

Hi, having issue with push botton start on Honda accord EX. Started about a month ago. I push brake and button and it clicks one time and doesn't start. Today I had to push it 15 times before it started. Changed the battery 2 weeks ago thinking it may be weak. Dealership says they have seen this but can't duplicate and can't fix! Have you run across this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are hearing a click when trying to operate the starter this may be an issue with the starter itself needing replaced intermittently acting up or a start/crank relay at fault.I have seen both cause this type of fault here in the past before and had to replace the affected component.
Thanks Pete