Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord: I want to purchase a rear, passenger side break light

Customer Question

I want to purchase a rear, passenger side break light lens and a front bumper running light lens (yellow) on driver's side on a 1983 Honda Accord 4-door sedan.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.I see what you mean the parts are hard to find! Factory P/N for taillight housing: 33500-SA6-671 Factory P/N for front lens: 33350-SA5-673Rt side taillight lens click HERE. Part number matches factory sedan part. I could not find any new taillight lenses. You can call a local salvage yard and have them locate the parts if that is easier? They can do a search of all salve yards.Drivers side front bumper park/signal lens click New: HERE. and Used: HERE. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found all the same information on eBay. The break light lens is for an upgreded LX model and does not match. I have also searched all the salvage yards in the area. This advice wasn't really worth the payment.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, you said you searched the internet without success? As you are aware parts are hard to find for your 83 Accord. My son's 86 is just about as bad. Sorry I was trying to make sure you got an answer. You also had a expert in parts and repair skills looking. I contacted my parts contact at the dealer and asked him to do a search through Honda vintage parts. I did put in over an hour looking high and low, sorry I could not help better.The taillight part number is ***** same for the DX, LX, and SE sedans. The difference is the badge with the sub-model info. The one I found will work as long as they have the correct part number. I use a Honda parts site for my information.If you feel you need to rate in a negative way please let me know so I can opt-out and avoid the rating. Thanks, Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was charged twice ($19 & $5) for this advice which was of no help. Please stop any further charges and have a good day.