Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a code p2646. A friend looked at it and said the

Customer Question

hi, i have a code p2646. A friend looked at it and said the oil pressure gauge is broken. Oil changes every 6k miles and had oil level checked, all ok. It is sluggish to go on accelration. how difficult is it to change? Thanks kristi
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Can I please have the year and model information for your Honda? Thanks Kristi! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Honda Civic 1.7lt
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kristi for the information. The P2646 code is a very common problem. In most cases just the rocker arm oil pressure switch(also called VTEC pressure switch) needs to be replaced not the complete solenoid assembly. The pressure switch screws into the solenoid near the EGR valve. If you want parts or replacement information please provide me with the VIN of your Civic. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure, the vin is 1HGEM22974L024772. Looking at which part number I need to buy. Thanks
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the Honda part number for the pressure switch: 37250-PHM-003 Seal: 91319-PR3-003 Thanks again, Honda-Man
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Sorry site issues today! Switch: 37250-PHM-003