Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Odessey: This is getting a bit frustrating. I have a 2006

Customer Question

This is getting a bit frustrating. I have a 2006 with a electric sliding door. I began this problem it was just the guider wheels that needed to be changed.
Then the door started to shut fine with handle or button but would only close for a about three seconds and the rear part of door would slightly open again turning on light on dash.
so a mechanic told me that it was the door handle mechanism so I changed that no difference. In the mean time the door stopped opening and shutting electrically. I can only do it manually now. It will still shut then I hear the rear of the door try to close for about 3 seconds and it opens just a bit again.
another mechanic tells me its the actuator switch. So I just changed that and still the same nothing.
Can someone help me with this that know what they are doing with these doors. I had two bad leads already. thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the cables checked as some models have a tensioner to adjust the slack in the cables that move the door and if it is to tight it can cause this here.I have also seen where one of the latches may not operate properly and cause this as well needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pete I'm getting nothing though. Handle not activating door and button on dash not opening or closing door. I need to figure out why it will not open and shut first then it may very well be the rear latch.