HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Civic Hybrid: Anyone there?I have a question about a Honda

Customer Question

Anyone there?
I have a question about a Honda Civic hybrid, 2005.
We just did a 300-mile trip, and partway through the AC stopped working (it was mountain driving and very hot). It picked up again later. But now there is a rattling sound that you hear when you start the car, which might have nothing to do with this. A kind of clicking, rattling sound. The car drives fine, when I tested it. You only can hear the rattling when it is just starting up, or when you are idling at a light. We have to make a return trip, and we're nervous about driving. Could it be a pulley? And if so, is the car safe to drive across the state?
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added a bit more info on one of the webpages, but it is definitely coming from from passenger side of the engine, near the pulleys, and you can feel it shudder a bit. Sounds a bit like a plucka plucka plucka sound, and increases in tempo when you rev the gas. The belts seem to be fine, though, and the car drives fine. Engine temp is fine, breaks are fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need a live call, I can wait.
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
WIth engine on, idling, rattling, open the hood, and have someone inside the car turn the A/C on and off... does the rattle stop or increase or change with the A/C compressor on?