Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

2003 Civic headlamp assembly wiring diagram

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Is your Civic a US or Canadian? Thanks, Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in the US so I assume US, but I just bought it from a private party 1 year ago.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The difference is daytime running lights are standard in Canada but not in the US. If you need more info just ask! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The running lights and turn signal are both different. Is there a way to match these up or do I need to order a different headlamp?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
What year is the housing for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will just send you the turn and marker light diagrams too. Thanks again, please remember to rate my service. You can still ask for help after the rating. Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** diagrams are too detailed. I need actual connectors.
1. The old unit has separate high beam and low beam but the 3-prong connector matches the dual lamp on the new one, so that's OK. But please verify if I am seeing that correctly.
2. The turn signal on the old one has 2 blue clamps but the new one has 3-pin connector. Is there a way to make this connection?
3. the daytime lights (I think) are the red wires coming from the bottom of the old unit. The new unit has a 2-pin connector. Is there a way to make this connection?
4. The old unit has 2 cut wires coming out of a bulb to the left of the turn signal (left on the picture, but the unit is upside down). What does this even connect to?This unit looks closer to my old one, but even these connections are different: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007T1JZ90?ref_=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_tThank you.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The 3 prong bulb is a low/high combo bulb. Your Civic should have a 3 wire plug that plugs into each bulb? Are you trying to convert to HID? You just asked for a diagram. Coupe or Sedan? I think there might be a difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sedan, sorry i was not more clear, that was just my intro question. All I want is to replace the unit with matching connectors (or some kind of adapters). I don't care if it is standard or HID.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The part numbers are different between the coupe and sedan. If you are just wanting to find replacements I would look for the correct housings. It looks like the ones in the pictures are different. Most likely you got housings for a coupe. I can look for some for you if you like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amazon told me that it was an exact match with this car, that's all I know. Yes, I would appreciate any help, thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 2003 LX sedan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's just the strangest wiring. All of the units on Amazon that are supposed to match this car are different than mine.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Thanks for the info too. The selections below should be correct. I went to the vendor site and verified they are for your LX sedan.EbayClick HERE for both lenses for $68.75 free standard shipping.Click HERE for both housings for $74.99 free shipping.AmazonClick HERE for both housings for $83.99 free shipping.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for these but again, I have no idea what the connectors look like. I am guessing they look like the one I have now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BCHJMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
This one claims to exactly fit my car but it does not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.hdcautosports.com/hdcautosports/ebayjpg/headlight/4-HL-HDCV010CA-0-2.JPG
This is a photo of one you sent to me. No wires but you can see that it does not match my old one. It matches the new one from Amazon.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Well, it seems the housings in your Civic are not the correct ones for the year, or trim level? Might have been replaced before? You should be looking for the correct part not one that matches the housing in the pictures. Not sure what to say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, your last photo matches the Amazon one i have. That must be the standard unit.If it was replaced, there is no evidence of spliced wires. It's like I have some freakish wiring connectors that does not match anything. Looks like I have a*****to the Honda dealer. So you've never seen anything like this discrepancy before?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
No never seen this? Sorry I could not help better, I sure did try. Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes you did, thank you.
just pulled this from the part: Sonar SK3301S-CV01
Though searching for it came up empty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I put the question back out to the forum?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Sure I will opt-out just wait for the next expert please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like aftermarket. ugh. Probably have to rewire. OK, will wait for next expert--thanks!!