HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Odessey: 2006 HONDA ODYSSEY WITH POWER DUAL SLIDING DOORS.I

Customer Question

2006 HONDA ODYSSEY WITH POWER DUAL SLIDING DOORS.
I asked a question this same door which is drivers side rear door. It was catching it ended up being the rollers replaced them fixed the sticking and about the same exact time I kept hearing a clicking problem about the door it would keep cycling and closing then open just a bit then close and do this all the time. I was told to purchase the handle mechanism of the door. Now this didn't seem right since the sound was coming from the rear of the sliding door. All of a sudden the door stopped cycling and I could only open and close by hand but it would never really latch at all. It used to make that sound to close NO MORE
Changed the handle latch area today and it of course did not solve the issue.
I tried pulling the wire off the motor at the lower rear of door. Silver mower plug has two wires. I tried to light test either wire and I had no light. I checked all my fuses under dash on both sides and they are good.
power window and locks work fine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Would you describe this sound as a ratcheting type noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door does not open automatically anymore it was fine. When i shut manually i hear small motor pull door shut for about 3-4 seconds then it releases and the door is not full shut. But cant figure out why its not opening electrically with handle or button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
taking to long to answer