HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Prelude: My 1998 Honda prelude base has very dim low beams

Customer Question

My 1998 Honda prelude base has very dim low beams and one of my high beams is out also. The bulbs are brand new. A year ago this all worked okay but has progressively gotten worse. Can you help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 1 year ago.
What year is your prelude ? Most common is a loose ground or bad bulb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said it is a 1998 5th generation, it is in the question. Did you even read my question??????????? I checked the grounds that I can find and cleaned them. It is not a loose bulb or three loose bulbs. I replaced the whole headlight assembly and all the bulbs are tightly installed but the problem still exists. It's not the bulbs. It is probably a ground or a corroded connector. I just don't know where to look for the connector. I noticed my door speakers are not working and I have replaced the speakers also. Maybe they are not working due to the same corroded connector.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got ripped off! I guess I can figure things out better by myself. I got charged money for someone to tell me nothing...........I don't think the guy can read very well either. Good luck taking peoples' money. You will never get any more of mine or anyone that I know.