Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Ive a problem with my ac on 06 civic. It is blowing hot air.

Customer Question

Ive a problem with my ac on 06 civic. It is blowing hot air. i ran DTC on the HVAC system and it came back negative, i had the high pressure switch disconnected and reconnect it, the compressor clutch is engaged when i turn the car is on, and then the compressor shut off a minute after start up, the low pressure was 80psi (car not running) it seemed to cool down the high and low pressure lines when the clutch was engaged. I've not been able to create that same event.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did give enough info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did i give enough info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Normal static( compressor off) pressure on a full system needs to be right at 100 to 110 PSI on both the low side as well as the high side and with the compressor running the low side pressure should be right at 35 to 40 PSI and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side, if you are only reading 80 PSI on the low side then it sound like you are low on freon. Before you do anything else can you give me the pressure reading on the low side as well as the high side and post back and I will advise from there.