justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

The key fob 2005 honda pilot wont unlock my car it

Customer Question

Hi the key fob for my 2005 honda pilot wont unlock my car it is armed and i am at work with no access to a new battery, can i turn off the alarm once i am inside?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. You can use your key to unlock the driver's door manually. Doing this should un-arm the security system as it is looking also at the key cylinder switch (the switch that is attached to the driver's key cylinder) to determine proper entry. When the key is inserted into the key cylinder in the driver's door and the key is turned to unlock this signals the security system that the proper key was used to unlock the door. This should not set the security system off. If you have any more questions about this or other concerns let me know and I will be glad to keep helping.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.