Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord: How do I get the 5 digit code to reset my Audio player.

Customer Question

How do I get the 5 digit code to reset my Audio player. No sticker in glove box or in owners manual.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. The 5 digit audio code can be obtained at the Honda radio code site. The site explains how to retrieve the radio serial number from the unit electronically using the 1 and 6 radio station preset buttons. With the serial number and proof of ownership you can get the code. The code is supposed to be written inside of the warranty booklet or maintenance record booklet. Sometimes the sticker is under the lid of the center console compartment. I have seen the sticker under the under-hood fuse box lid or under the front edge of the hood too. The sticker may just have the audio unit serial number without the 5 digit code. I see the Honda site has started charging for the code, you might try to get the code from your local dealer. If you are a customer there they may do it for free. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man