Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Accord: I have a 2004 Accord EX, 4 CylProblem: Alternator

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Accord EX, 4 Cyl
Problem: Alternator starts out charging just fine, while driving car or at high idle(testing while in park) the voltage goes down to 11.2, or stops charging.
Tried so far: Replaced Alternator, Replaced fuse box for (ELD), New Battery, Replaced ECM, replaced instrument cluster.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Below is the wire diagram to follow and the tests to complete. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Hondacharge.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/hondaalternatortest.pdf My thought so far, prior testing is the alternator is still to blame. I can not see a wire issue causing it to fail but start out working fine. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Luckily I have two of the same cars, I have another 2004 Honda Accord 2.4L that works without any issues so I have been swapping parts to test what could be faulty on this one. So the alternators were swapped and the donor vehicle still runs good while this one does same thing. What part of the electrical system do you suggest I start testing, and if so with what procedure. I have a power probe and multimeter that I can use.
We would need to work through all of those tests I provided since this is an odd failure. Can you or have you done those?