Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord: I have an a/c issue with a 1995 honda accord 2.2 vtec,

Customer Question

I have an a/c issue with a 1995 honda accord 2.2 vtec, The a/c electrical system suffered a major failure in which both the ac clutch relay and condenser fan relay were both burnt up, also lost ground coming from the ac switch to thermostat, repaired the loss of ground, i also had to replace a burned up fan timer. now that all of that is fixed when i turn the system on everything comes on except for the a/c compressor. when i check the ground signal from the ecu to the a/c clutch relay instead of getting ground im getting 5.7-5.9 volts, if i apply ground with my power probe 4 to the red/blue wire at the ecu connector it powers up and blows cold
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles.I have been going over my diagrams and it seems your problem is a poor ground at the ECM compressor control circuit. The A/C ON input comes from ground G403 through the fan switch, A/C switch, thermostat, pressure switch, then to the ECM and fan relay control. This all is OK since the ECM is trying to ground the compressor relay control circuit and the fans are working.If you have 5.7-5.9 volts the ECM is not properly grounding the compressor relay. If it was grounding the relay the voltage drop would make the reading close to 0V. Hate to say it but it looks like the ECM compressor ground circuit was damaged. If you have any questions or need any diagrams just let me know. Thanks! ~Honda-Man