Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

2006 Honda Pilot Navi - I had a navi unit replace a few years

Customer Question

2006 Honda Pilot Navi - I had a navi unit replace a few years ago. ever since then the cd and aux buttins don't work. I tried swapping out radios and same problem. does anyone know if there is a seperate connection from nav unit to radio via cd/aux port. Afraid to take it back to dealer because its out of warranty.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
There is no separate connection between the navigation system and the radio cd/aux buttons.
Sounds like you have radio issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did put another good radio and it had the same problem. I almost positive its not a radio issue. There has to be a problem somewhere betwwen the navi unit and radio.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I did not have that information before. So it will not play cd's I assume?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't access cd changer with button nor can i eject cds that are in there. This is factory 6 disc cd radio. I bought a used good radio with same specs and same problem, cant access cd and aux buttons.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
It is odd that 2 radios would have the same issue. When you press the cd button does the radio display anything on the screen like ERROR?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no activity at all , no error message at all when i press button. even when i press cd on navi screen it defaults to fm button on screen
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to use a voice command to play a cd?
If it works that way I may be able to explain to you how to run a couple tests/checks through the navigation screen that possibly could help pin this issue down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried that. I will try to do that. I know on some navi units you are able to do a diagnostic check. not sure how to do it on Honda navi units
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Try the voice operation and let me know. I can try and put some information together for the diagnostic check later if you need it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried it an still does not work.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me try and get something together for you and just to be sure, It was the navi unit under the seat that was repaired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The in dash navi unit was replaced.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I can not upload the information I want to send to you here at work. I will try and do it later at home.
Do other voice commands work?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
This link should take you to information on self tests for the navigation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq4mj25ei91oldh/2006%20PILOT%20NAVI.pdf?dl=0
Have you had the navi display out to make sure all the connectors are fully seated?