Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Honda:

Customer Question

Hello
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My power steering Fluid leaking. I take it store and they saying need to change rack pinion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to Honda dealer but asking for investigation fee. I didn't do there cuz I already paid couple places to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I drive car 550 miles adding fluid. I live in michigan but need to drive Virginia. Can I drive in this situation ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
You can operate the vehicle with a power steering leak. There is less pressure on the system when traveling straight. There is greater pressure when maneuvering in like a parking lot or pulling in and out of a driveway. Going down the highway the system will still leak but nothing like turning the wheel back and forth. You should be alright during the trip, make sure to keep fluid in the system though, an empty system will damage the pump.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.