jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED 32 YRS EXPERIENCE
8668911

2000 Honda Accord 4cyl coupe. The abs light is on. Is there

Customer Question

2000 Honda Accord 4cyl coupe. The abs light is on. Is there a way i can figure out what it is without taking it to the shop?
Category: Honda
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, you will need to get the codes from the abs module ,for this you need a scanner capable of reading abs codes .if you can get those I will be able to help you better ,without the codes it is not possible ..jazzmaster..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You can't jump to read the codes

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

no you can't

the abs system needs a scanner to retrieve and read the codes .

a regular scanner won't work unless it has abs on it ...jazzmaster ..

you can get a cheaper abs code reader -usually around for $30/...jazzmaster ..

most auto parts stores carry these .

if you take it to a shop they may charge you that much for a diagnosis

so you may want to get a hand held scanner that reads abs codes as well as engine codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a 200 dollar scanner that reads abs codes from autozone and it doesn't read it. I saw online that there's a way to jump pins to make the light flash for the code just don't know how to do ot

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

I have never seen where the 2000 can get the codes retrieved manually . if your code reader wont pull the codes ,check the fuses first and you can ohm out the wheel sensors they should read around 1100 or so ohms and if you spin the wheel the readings should move around while you turn the wheel. you can also, compare the readings from one senor to another one as well.. ..jazzmaster ..

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, do you still need help ?..jazzmaster
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I know there's a way to jump it so the abs light will blink in code. I can't bring it to a shop it's not registered and I'm trying to flip it. Also I called a shop they said starting at 89.99

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
although I have always used a scanner to pull the codes for the abs ,this video will show you how for the regular codes and the abs codes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M5BaAa6tCM
finding that blue connector is the trick .and most likely it will be on the passenger side .
in the video he first does the engine codes but then does the abs codes so you will have to watch this a bit .
I dont know if you have seen this but thought I would add it in ..
I would still check the abs sensors as that is usually what is wrong most times . ..jazzmaster ..let me know if this helps you please
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
did the information help you ?