Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Odyssey: all my dashboard light on my 2005 odyssey start flashing

Customer Question

all my dashboard light on my 2005 odyssey start flashing and once the van turn off and 15 sec later it turn by on on it own what would cause this
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles. The problem you describe is normally caused by low system voltage. If the voltage available for the instrument cluster and engine control unit is too low it will act just like your Odyssey did. In most cases the alternator is not charging properly while you are driving. I recommend having the battery and alternator tested. I have seen some alternators test good but still have the problem like you are experiencing. This problem is actually fairly common for your generation of Odyssey and I have seen it many times in the past. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man