HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2000 Honda odyseey van and the number 10 fuse continues

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Honda odyseey van and the number 10 fuse continues to blow and of course the tail lights and the dash light will not work
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles. Does the van have trailer hitch wiring? Any aftermarket accessories installed? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No trailer hitch but did have an after market alarm
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Has the alarm been removed? Some flash the taillights when it is armed/disarmed and goes off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alarm has been removed
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, do the lights stay on long enough to see if all of them are coming on? I have seen bulbs installed wrong or the wrong bulb in the socket blow fuses. The bad one won't come on at all but the others will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tail lights or dash lights neither tail light works and #10 fuses blows everytime
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The only other cause besides a grounded/shorted wire is change in the CD player. Seems strange but I have found change(money) inside the audio unit CD player or tape deck and it will cause a short blowing the fuse because fuse #10 is for the audio unit display back lights. Kids seem to think it's a piggy bank it can be in there for a while before it will cause a problem sometimes. Slides around until it hits the wrong spot. Try pounding on the dash by the CD player might hear the change in there.
If this isn't it the circuits will need to be isolated down to find the location of the grounded red/black power supply from the fuse out to the lights.
Let me know what you think please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 40 amp fuse under the hood for backup acc when removed will stop #10 15 amp from blowing
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
That's because it supply's power to fuse #10 and several other fuses.