Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Can t find the reason dash lights and tail lights don t work

Customer Question

Can t find the reason dash lights and tail lights don t work on my 2000 odyseey fuses are good
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles. Is your Odyssey a LX or EX? The wiring diagrams differ slightly. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LX
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** make sure did you check fuse #10 in the passenger side under dash fuse box? It's a 15 amp fuse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does it have anything to do with the 39790-S0X-A01 some type of ABS relay yes the fuse is good
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
That part number is ***** the ABS unit. That part has nothing to do with the dash and taillights. Has there been any work done before the lights quit working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a relay that needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not that I know of I just purchased the car and the tail lights were not working - the hazard light fuse would blow but that we traced down -no luck with the tail lights or dash lights
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Only the EX uses a relay for the dash and taillights. Your LX does not have a relay, power from the fuse goes to the switch then out to the lights.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what else could it be
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a test light or voltmeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can I wire the lights direct to another hot wire
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Unplug the headlight switch and check the red/green wire for power. This is from the fuse. If there is power try jumping from the red/green to the red/black wire at the headlight connector. This should turn on the lights.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i ll be in touch
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to rate my service. You can still come back and get help after the rating.