Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Bob Trying to replace a.c compressor Honda Ody

Customer Question

Hi Bob Trying to replace a.c compressor for 2001 Honda Odyssey
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new compressor has studs for the hose connections. The existing compressor has screw in bolts for hose connections. Do I have to remove studs or do I have wrong new compressor?
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you.
i cant tell you for certain if you have the right compressor,but,if you ordered it for your year model,i would think it is right..
you can use either the studs or the bolts from your old compressor[some re-manufactures put studs in them.i will give you the correct part# ***** your van if you want to double check
Parts Information OEM Part # Price
Compressor HVAC
Compressor
38810P8FA01 $772.20
Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard
Replace Without Clutch
B 1.3 1.8
Does Not Include: Refrigerant Recovery Or Evacuate & Recharge AC System.
Replace With Clutch
B 1.0 1.4
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jad44ef0wg07w3/0610-hoda-oddysey-Parts%20Information.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/0jad44ef0wg07w3/0610-hoda-oddysey-Parts%20Information.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help