Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord Coupe: I'm having a problem with my 2004 Honda Accord

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my 2004 Honda Accord coupe. After having an after market CD-Player (and the appropriate adapter kit) installed, my A/C cotrols are ooperating backwards (Hot for Cold and vise versa) and the A/C is just not as cold as prior to the installation.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles.
I doubt the wiring was left disconnected otherwise the hot cold settings would not work at all.
If the hot cold settings are reversed the air mix(blend) motor wiring is backwards. This will open the water valve backwards too causing your problem. If a wiring adapter harness was used it was wired wrong from the manufacture. If the wiring was cut and spliced the installation tech mixed up some of the wires. The only other explanation is there is a problem with the heater and A/C control panel itself. This is a new one for me? but there is really no other reasonable explanation. I would ask the installation tech to recheck their work or possible try a different adapter harness.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.
Thanks again! ~Honda-Man