Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2010 Honda Accord. The CD player has an error

Customer Question

i have a 2010 Honda Accord. The CD player has an error message that reads "check disk eject". It won't play, load, or eject the CD's in there. Any idea how to fix this? If I press the LOAD or EJECT button the "BUSY" message flashes.

Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not figured out the problem, but after reading about it online I see that I am not the only one with this issue. The CD player probably needs to be replaced. I don't think there is a fix. I have been holding down the EJECT button and still getting the error message CHECK DISK EJECT. It's so frustrating! And now I'm even more frustrated that I spent $26.00 for nothing!

Hi

There is not a published fix by Honda. There symptom charts state to just replace it. You can try a reset though by removing the power, by unplugging it, removing the fuse, or disconnecting the battery. This needs to be for minimum of 6 hours. If it still fails it is like the cartridge position sensor internally to blame.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris