justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

2001 Honda Accord air conditioner not works well

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.What are the low and high side pressures on the a/c system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Low side 25 when compressor is running 35 when its off. No gauge for high side. It cycling on and off about every 10 secs. Not a hot day here
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
What is the outside temperature there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Low 70's
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
The low side pressure should be around 35psi with the engine running.So the system is low on refrigerant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it up to 45 but it would only cycle on for a very short time about 5 secs. Should I go rent the gauges.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
It would help if you can get me the high side pressure also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the car running with the air on high. Shouldn't the pressure go up when the compressor running
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
The low side goes down and the high side goes up with the engine running and the a/c on.With the engine not running the low and high side pressure should be around 80psi.Low side at idle should be around 35psi and the high side around 180-220psi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go rent the gauges. This is my first time using justanswer when do I lose you
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Just bookmark this page.You can get back to me here until the question is closed.You have a least 3 days.And don't forget to rate my answer so I can receive credit for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate you high. I want you to get payed. I'm in Chicago and the Black Hawks are playing now got to go. Will you answer tomorrow
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Dave, I got the gauges. When the compressor is off it reads 45 low side and about 40 high side. When it turns on everything starts dropping but can't tell how for it will drop because it only runs for about 2 secs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the engine off low side 90 and high side 80
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the gauges off, tuned car off then put the gauges back and started the car. it now read 55 low, 50 high. still only stays on for about one sec. and off for about 20 secs.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I was wondering if you still need help? I noticed the other expert hasn't responded in a while and the question is open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happened to dave
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. If you want me to reopen the question so you can wait for him I will do that. I just noticed he hadn't responded in a while and I wanted to make sure you didn't need assistance right away. I can reopen the question if you'd like. Experts work completely separate from one another so I do not have any contact with the other expert.