Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Honda 2002 wont rev after 5000rpm, just did oil change

Customer Question

my Honda 2002 wont rev after 5000rpm, just did oil change changed plugs and checked all the fluids. car has 137000 kms
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
help please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I rev to5000rpm after it is rough revenging and it stays 5000rpm without going to 7800rpm
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Can you tell me which model car this is and which engine?
What happens after 5000 rpms?
You should be getting close to redline and the rev limiter at 5000 rpms. If your doing this not in drive then its the computer purposely backing the engine down. If it occurs in drive, can you monitor for low fuel pressure during this.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I rev the engine in park it goes to 5000 rpm and then it runs rough. the car is not leaking oil or any other fluids. when I changed the sparkplugs they were discolored on the ceramic part at the bottom were you put the socket , there was no soot or funny smell (no oil smell) but they were like light brownish colored were the spark occurrs
Reving the engine in park can ruin the engine, I would not do that anymore. Are you able to go over 5000 rpms driving?