Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

The battery in my Honda CR-V dies if I don't drive it each

Customer Question

The battery in my Honda CR-V dies if I don't drive it each day. There are no lights on, radio turned off, etc, What could be the problem? I got the car last year. Problem started in November after oil change and new battery installed.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question.If your problem started after the battery was replaced I suspect it may be bad. Batteries can test OK with the hand held testers but still be bad. If the battery is good then there is a parasitic draw, this is an excessive draw on the battery when everything is off. There will be a normal key off draw on the battery from the radio memory, clock memory, and various control unit memory. Any draw over 35-50 milliamps is considered excessive. If the draw is excessive the battery can go dead overnight or after a few days. The draw can be tested with a ammeter and following the proper testing method. A qualified repair facility can do this test for you. One common cause is a sticking A/C compressor relay. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man