Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Accord: My Honda Accord loses speed...crawls along...and then

Customer Question

My Honda Accord loses speed...crawls along...and then speed picks up again
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
One common component to cause this issue here that I have seen several times in the past and had to replace is the fuel pump itself.I have seen the fuel pump cause low/weak pressure and cause this fault and can be intermittent like this here.
I would have the fuel pressure tested when the vehicle is acting up to see if for sure this is the cause here and the pump replaced if found to be at fault.
One other component is a restricted fuel filter but usually if this was the cause it would occur at all times.
Thanks Pete