HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Accord: I'm NOT a mechanic whatsoever! But my 2006 Honda accord

Customer Question

I'm NOT a mechanic whatsoever! But my 2006 Honda accord ex (2.4 dohc) has AC trouble- It sometimes blows HOT, sometimes COLD. It's been fully "topped off" on the charge, but so far no mechanic has been able to see the "hot" in action, it's cold when we brought it in. Considering changing parts one by one, from least expensive to most expensive MYSELF, to avoid all the troubleshooting and labor. What do you think?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
The ac compressor on your car is very low down in the front. It will be near the radiator.
If you do catch it not cooling check and make sure the fans are also running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As it's been running in my driveway for the past 40 minutes or so with the AC on, it's still running cold, but I have begun to notice that the fans are running for maybe 30-60 seconds, then they shut off for only a few seconds (5-6) before they kick back on. is that normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

update/correction? Upon timing it now, the fans are on for 12 seconds, off for 6. probably insignificant because so far the air remains cold throughout.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
The fans may do that. They should cycle with the compressor