HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Odyssey: My college age son in New Orleans is driving a 1996

Customer Question

My college age son in New Orleans is driving a 1996 odyssey. Recently had catalytic converter replaced after problems with check engine light and (code P0420: 3-way catalyst efficiency). Now the check engine light keeps coming on and he is also having trouble with acceleration where it just won't get up to speed. Mechanic in New Orleans has now replaced map sensor but car is still not accelerating right. Has suggested new fuel pumps next if problem persists. Any other ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Do you have the trouble codes related to the check engine light? The codes would be extremely helpful in determining what the issue may be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, just the original code for the catalytic converter problem. the acceleration is the big problem at the moment.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I'm sure it is. With the check engine light coming on now it would be best to determine what code(s) are present. With that information I can help determine why the vehicle is running poorly.