Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord: just bought a Honda Accord year 2000. The anti theft

Customer Question

just bought a Honda Accord year 2000. The anti theft light is blinking how do I turn it off?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question.Where is the anti-theft light located and is it red or a green key? Thank you, Honda-man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in the lower right corner of my radio in the center console. Is this always supposed to blink when the car is off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 keys. One gtay and one black
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Yes that red LED light will blink when the engine is off. It's a anti-theft warning indicator to help deter thieves. The black key is the master key that works in all of the locks. The grey one is the valet key. The valet won't open the glove box or trunk but will work the doors and ignition. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So it stays on. Thanks. Since this is a used vehicle I didn't receive the five number code in case I should need it later. How can I retrieve that without uninstalling my radio to see the serial number
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The code can be obtained from the radio serial number. The serial number can be retrieved by pressing the 1 and 6 radio station buttons and then turning on the radio. It needs to display "CODE" before it will display the serial number. After you have the serial number this SITE will help get the 5 digit code. The site also explains in detail how to get the serial number. Please remember to rate my service. Thank you! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!