Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2011 Honda Accord V6. Was just driving it - it was

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Honda Accord V6. Was just driving it - it was running fine, we slowed in traffic, and when I went to accelerate the car started shuddering and had hardly any power, My engine symbol came on and held steady. I put it in neutral, and the engine seemed to be running smooth, I put it back in gear and it started shuddering again and it was difficult to move. I made it to a nearby service station and left it there with a note. I checked the gas cap and this had once caused the engine light to come on, but, 1) it was fine and 2) the car has never shuddered and lost power like this. Almost unable to move. Oil said 30% on dash readout when I checked it. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question.A loose fuel cap won't cause this kind of problem. It would only cause a fuel vapor leak if it was loose. There are just too many possible causes to give an answer without knowing the code related to the problem. When the check engine light comes on a diagnostic trouble code(DTC) is stored in the engine control unit memory. With this code I can give you a good idea what is going on. Most auto parts stores will scan for the code information for free. If you can get me the information I can give you a better answer. Be sure to be careful if you drive it. Thanks! Honda-Man