Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Car will not start and the battery is active. The start

Customer Question

Car will not start and the battery is active. The start button was pushed yesterday momentarily and not shut off.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2015 Honda CR-V and it will not start when I push the start button, foot on the brake and key in my pocket. Yesterday the start button was momentarily pushed to see mileage and start button was not turned off. Now the car will not start, is totally dead despite the battery being fulled charged.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. You may have locked the vehicle in anti theft mode. I would disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reinstall it to see if it will start. If not then you will need a voltage meter to run some tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The negative battery cable has been disconnected for 30 minutes and the car is still dead. The battery is fully charged with a green light. What else do you suggest.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltage meter? Was the battery tested with a meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the voltage was tested with a meter.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. To tell me where to start I need to know the battery voltage and then what the voltage does when you try starting the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to hold the key mechanism holding the button close to the starter switch. so the code would be recognized The red light continues to shine,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery voltage registered at 12.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
And what does it do when you try to start it? Did you try your extra key?