Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Accord: I have a 1999 honda accord, I just recently had an

Customer Question

I have a 1999 honda accord, I just recently had an aftermarket remote start alarm installed. Now I have issues when putting it into gear it has a hard shift (R , D4), now my D4 light is also blinking. I never had any of these issues until I had the alarm installed can you give me insight or does the alarm have anything to do with it? thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. It is possible that it is just a coincidence, but if it happened right after the alarm was installed then it is more than likely causing this. I would either have them remove the alarm or check their routing of the wiring. If they spliced into the fuse box in the wrong place or placed anything in the transmission control circuit wiring then this will happen. It can also occur if the battery cables are loose. I would check those and then take it back to the shop that installed the alarm if it persists.