SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

Psprt: #11 fuse (meter)keeps blowing. Seems to be OK after

Customer Question

#11 fuse (meter)keeps blowing. Seems to be OK after I unplug and plug back in the VSS. I replaced the VSS but still blows. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Fuse #11 powers the instrument cluster,vss and (if the vehicle was made in Canada)the auto light sensor.Check the wiring and the connector to the VSS for a short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave and thanks for the response. Before I look further into the wiring, I notice that the trans seams to be in a low gear mode (possibly in "winter" however no idiot like telling me so. On start-up (when fuse is good) the winter/power lights "check" themselves so I know the lights work but pushing the buttons doesn't seam to do anything but kinda feels like trans is in low gear. Could this have something to do with the VSS and possibly blowing the #11 meter fuse?
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Yes for the transmission to properly shift in all the gears it needs the input from the VSS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dave, the trams seams to shift fine except for the "winter/power" switch mode. So where is the sensor? I noticed two sensors on the back of the transmission/ tailpiece area. Driver and passenger sides, Are both speed sensors? Which one is VSS and what is the other one? They have different plugs. Any thing to do with "winter/power" switch mode and fuse 11?