Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

CRV: How much will it cost to replace the a/c compressor on

Customer Question

How much will it cost to replace the a/c compressor on my 2009 Honda crv?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...The A/C Compressor sells for around $580. The Labor Time Guide calls for 2.1 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Once the compressor is installed, the system will need to be recharged (as it was opened and the freon removed in order to replace the Compressor). The price of freon varies from State to State, but most shops have this as a "service" and the price varies, but is usually around $125-$175 per vehicle, depending on how much freon the system holds. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.