sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Accord lx: I have a 1998 honda accord. I get a green key flashing

Customer Question

I have a 1998 honda accord. I get a green key flashing on my dashboard and then the car stops. What can I do about it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem is with the immobilizer system in some way. The immobilizer module reads the transponder in the key and if it is validated then the engine will start, if it isn't validated then the light will flash and it will take fuel away to kill the engine.
The problem could be the key itself, the immobilizer module, or a wiring issue. I see that you have had a key made but I'm wondering whether or not it was programmed. If it wasn't programmed then it won't start, but if someone did try to program it and failed then they should have diagnosed the problem at that time. If the key is good and was programmed but the problem remains then the module would be most likely.