Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a Honda CIVIC 2007, I have some issue with the Air

Customer Question

I have a Honda CIVIC 2007, I have some issue with the Air Conditioning, sometime work and sometime doesn't work....I checked both fan motors and works, clutch run and stop..the only thing that came to my attention is the hose (low Pressure) that goes to
the compressor is leaking water close to the connection in the compressor...i touched the low pressure hose and it is cold....the high pressure hose is normal...no hot, no cold....please advise...why the AC isn't working some time....goes off and on....
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Moisture(condensation) on the hose line is normal. Most of the time your problem is caused by a bad compressor clutch relay or a bad compressor clutch magnetic coil. The relay or clutch coil will quit working when they get warm. If the fan motors are working it points to the relay or clutch magnetic coil. Your problem is actually pretty common. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! Please accept or provide a positive rating. If you can't rate please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask questions after the rating.~Honda-Man