sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Honda crv: My headlights on my 2008 honda crv will not turn

Customer Question

My headlights on my 2008 honda crv will not turn off
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be a few things, it will take some electrical testing to see exactly what is going on.
The headlamps are controlled by the MICU, the module in the fuse box inside. The switch is an input to the MICU and then the module drives the lights accordingly.
The lights staying on could be an internal failure in the MICU but it could also be the switch or wiring. If there is an open circuit between or the signal return voltage is out of the correct range then it can cause the lights to come on by themselves.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry...but my wife was the only one that saw this...she was at work and all she did was unplug the headlights until she had to drive home and then unplugged them again while the car was still running... Now I can not replicate the issue. . They turn on and off just fine...I am assuming she may have just left the lights turned in the on position...maybe but no issue right now thanks for the reply
You're welcome!