Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Crv lx 06: No start ;when I scanned the Honda 06 two code appears

Customer Question

No start ;when I scanned the Honda 06 two code appears 83_1 61_1.what can cause that?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The codes 83-1 and 61-1 indicate a loss of communication with the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Control Unit . Start first with making sure the Multi-Fuse #2 is not blown. Multi-Fuse #2 is a long fuse in the under hood fuse box controlling more than one circuit. If the fuse checks oaky then run through the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/VSA%20test%20May%2020.pdf
See the VSA location in the link below as well.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/VSA%20location%20May%2020.pdf
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short
Thank you, Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not too bad ;I forgot to mentioned earlier when I open the wood I smell burning electrical ;the fuse blown
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the fuse is blown then replace it and see if it holds. If it holds then you should be okay.
Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm far from the vhl;so let me text tomorrow for a better score
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, Im here if you need me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ron
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more help . I'm here tomorrow as well.