Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2002 CRV that was showing the green immobilizer key

Customer Question

I have a 2002 CRV that was showing the green immobilizer key flashing and was unable to locate spare master key. I contacted Honda dealer who provided me the emergency brake bypass code which I used and the light flashed 5-times indicating bypass was successful. However, the engine still doesn't turm over or even make a sound like a starter engaging. Battery and cables were checked was (full charge). After start attempt guage needles twitch like when battery is low.
Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in several cases before where the electronic ignition switch itself can fail/act up and cause this issue here requiring replacement.If this switch was not checked/tested to see if this is the cause this needs done and usually requires a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to do this.
Thanks Pete