justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 2006 Honda Accord 4 cylinder engine and sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Accord 4 cylinder engine and sometimes the car will not startit is an intermittent problem after I've driven the car for a while and let it sit for a few hours I get back at it and try to start it it takes me at least three tries before the engine will turn over I am Not sure if it is the fuel pressure regulator I know the battery is good and the spark plugs are good could you please be so kind as to help me out thank you so very much
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. When the car acts up does the engine spin over or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
initially when I tried to start it it will act like it's going to start then I will stop the second time I turn the key to the on position to start the car and nothing happens all the lights come on and the third time I tried it be gradually turns over and starts it doesn't happen all the time but its starting to happen a little more frequently than
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks for that information. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.The problem is a failing starter. This is highly common among the 2.4 liter engine on all Honda models. I credit it to being exposed to excessive heat being under the intake. Replacing the starter should be the fix here. Make sure you have the battery tested as well because over time the amount of amperage needed from the battery to get the failing starter to engage can cause the battery to wear down prematurely. If you have any questions about this let me know. You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
early I was told it was probably the fuel regulator that was causing the problem
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
If the engine is not spinning over it would have absolutely nothing to do with the regulator or anything fuel related for that matter. I wouldn't be concerned with that aspect of the vehicle's system. I'm telling you information based on years of experience.