Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

CIVIC: Have a following problem on my daughter's CIVIC

Customer Question

hi
Have a following problem on my daughter's CIVIC DX 2000: after 15 minutes of city driving the engine revs up suddenly and stays that way. When stop and put shifter in the park position it locks there - it takes 10-15 minutes before I can shift out from Park. Mechanic cleaned the throtle, it was ok one day, now the same problem.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my email***@******.***
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.If the throttle is held open the shift lever will stay in park, this is a safety feature. Either the throttle valve is sticking or the throttle cable is sticking. It will be fairly easy to decide where the problem is located. When the throttle sticks see if there is slack in the throttle cable. If the cable has slack the throttle body needs to be replaced. If the throttle cable is tight the throttle cable will need to be replaced. If you need help doing this just let me know. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! Please accept or provide a positive rating. If you can't rate please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask questions after the rating.~Honda-Man