Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have honda cr-v 2002. on that, right rear break sticking

Customer Question

I have honda cr-v 2002. on that, right rear break sticking to the rotor causing lots of heat. rotor, calipers, flexible hose , break pads everything changed still the calipers stick once applied the break, and doesn't go back by itself.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
When this happens, if you crack open the bleeder screw, does the caliper release?
Are you sure it is just the right rear that is sticking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes only right rear is sticking.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems when checked it open
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
So is this a YES or a NO?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure the wheel bearing is not loose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the bearing is not loose.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
When the problem occurs, loosen the master cylinder and pull it away from the booster. If the brakes back off, check the push rod adjustment in the booster.
Loosen the brake line from the master cylinder. If the brakes back off, then the master cylinder is faulty.
The only other thing it could possible be is a plugged or restricted line between the master cylinder and the right rear caliper.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o.k i will try this and let you know. Thanks.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!
Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer for assisting you today.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya I tried everything you said, It didn't work. Can you please tell me the specific to get rid off this problem ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya I tried everything you said, It didn't work. Can you please tell me the specific to get rid off this problem ? may19,2015 6.35 p.m
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
You need to diagnose the problem first.
Because right now you don't know what part to replace.
Once it is diagnosed correctly, you can replace the faulty component.
I currently gave you the information to diagnose the problem correctly.
What were the results of the test that I gave you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i loosen the master cylinder and pull it away from the booster, the brakes back off, Now what should I check the push rod adjustment in the booster?
Ya the breaks backs off.
then I Loosen the brake line from the master cylinder. the brakes didn't back off, So I assumed the line is faulty as you said, I changed whole line. the problem still exists.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
If you loosen up the master and pull it away from the brake booster, then the problem is in the master or the push rod. Check the adjustment and adjust it as needed. If no adjustment, replace the push rod and master cylinder and be done with it.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o.k so you suggest to change push rod and master cylinder , I will do that tomorrow.and let you know, thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today I went to change the master cylinder as you said, but my brother told me to contact one shop before i do that, and they found something wrong with inner break , they just grind the portion of it and now it is o.k and he said all the work done regarding this issue was not necessary. I lost big amount of money . anyway, now I knew, every time this doesn't work.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
IF that were the case, then when "loosening the master cylinder and pull it away from the booster, the brakes back off", that should not be the case. This means the problem is in the hydraulic system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if the problem is master cylinder than it should not only the problem with right rear, and the line i changed. so the person who repaired this told me inner break problem, btw i was not there as it was not allowed .
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Right I agree.
But the problem would not be affected by separating the master from the booster. If you would have told me the right information, I am confident I would have been able to pinpoint the root cause for you.
My answers are solely based on the information you provide me with. Does that make sense?
Keep in mind, I have taken a lot of time to try and help you out with your vehicle. I would appreciate a positive rating for the time I have spent with you.
Customeredited>42145.5950303472
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya, You seems to be a knowledgeable person, and I can understand the limitations of online advice also. But unfortunately it didn't work this time. I am using just ans...... since quite a long time for different type of issues, not only for automobile.And I know this is good service. I don't have any problem with you. just didn't worked this time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
As I explained, it did not work because the information provided to me was not accurate. That is not my fault. I held up with my end of the bargain and delivered the correct information based on what you were telling me.