sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Key fob dead, aftermarket alarm going off, can't start car

Customer Question

Key fob dead, aftermarket alarm going off, can't start car obviously
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be with the alarm module or it's wiring but it's more likely that the fob isn't transmitting. o
The first thing you'll want to do is check the fob battery. You can replace it or you can remove it and use a voltmeter to check the voltage. Most fob batteries are 3v, the voltage will be stamped into the battery.
If the battery is actually good then the next step would be to have the fob tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test fobs for free. If it's not transmitting yet the battery is good then it has failed.