Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Honda Civix: My daughter is driving our 2005 Honda Civic to

Customer Question

My daughter is driving our 2005 Honda Civic to Myrtle Beach from Columbus, Ohio. She called after being on the road for about 3 hours and said the car was sputtering at high speeds and seemed to have trouble shifting gears. It is an automatic transmission. The car was running fine before they left and we have had not problems with the transmission. I am having a hard getting helpful information from her or my son in law. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.Did they say if the check engine light(CEL) or drive "D" indicator lights were on? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
It would be worth asking them. If one of the lights are on it will have a trouble code stored. The code will point to the area where the problem is. They can go to a auto parts store near where they are to have the codes checked. They don't charge for reading codes. If you can have them do this I can tell you what is most likely going on. If it's running poorly or shifting erratic there should be a code. There are just too many possibilities to give a definite answer. Thank you, Honda-Man