Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Crosstour: I was just told my 2010 Honda Crosstour timing belt

Customer Question

I was just told my 2010 Honda Crosstour timing belt mechanism was leaking and needing fixing to the tune of $570. In additon rotors needed turning for $159 each [third time since I've owned the car]. 72k miles. This vehicle seems to go thru brakes and tires. Never experienced this before - drove last vehicle until it gave out- Lexus RX 330. 270k miles, never an issue. Is this normal for Crosstour, mechanics say this vehicle has issues. thinking about trading.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. I have found from my experience that Honda's tend to be heavy on breaks and tyres and unfortunately the bits are also quite expensive . You will always find the Lexus/ toyota so cheaper to run.cross tours in general aren't normally that bad I think you may have been unlucky to get a bad one