HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I replaced the window regulator on my honda pilot, then put

Customer Question

I replaced the window regulator on my honda pilot, then put it back together, the "power window unit" that is behind the door clicks but the unit doesn't work. I have purchased a new one and it does the same thing. Expensive miss. Anyway, I am not gifted at electronic things but I used alligator clips and put 12 volts to the new regulator and it goes up and down, so it's electronic. I put a voltometer to the switch and when I activate the switch the meter moves. What am I missing?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Can you please tell me what year your Pilot is? Thanks, Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply and information. Between the power window switch and window motor is the power window control unit. Fuse #1 in the passengers side fuse box might be blown. It's probably OK but needs to be checked. The fuse for the window is obviously good since you have power at the switch.Tests below done with the connectors all plugged in.At the control unit(key on) there should be power to the green wire(from fuse #1)The black/white and red/green should have power when you operate the switch one will have power in the down one will have power in the up position. These are inputs to the control unit to tell the window to go up or down.Coming out of the control unit the red/blue and red/yellow should have power when the switch is operated. These go to the motor.The black wire(connector disconnected) should have good continuity to ground(resistance). If you can test and let me know what you find? Thanks, Honda-Man
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse was fine.
No power to the green wire that I could tell.
Black/white and red/green did work
Red/blue worked
red/yellow couldn't get to read anything.
Black was fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one other thing. The wires on the diagram you sent me don't match the ones on my power window control unit. The part number is *****!Also, someone had posted this same problem before but of course I couldn't see the entire answer but thought you would want to know.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Looks like lack of power on the green wire would be a good place to start. There are 2 connectors between the fuse box and power window control unit. Make sure there are not any connectors unplugged. C701(4 wire) connector is above the drivers side fuse box. Probe the connector at the green wire for power(key on).C702(4-6 wire) connector is behind the door panel. It will have 2 places to check the green wire.