Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Civic EX: , I am a lady with 94 Honda civic ex my tach

Customer Question

Hello, I am a lady with 94 Honda civic ex my tach works and doesn't work, more not. My speedo just quit, but got it fixed with sensor. Had it since new The tach hasn't worked properly for 6 months. Had a new distributor 3 months ago
Category: Honda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The TACH not working or working or working eratically can be caused from a number of issues:WiringConnectionsICM (ignition control module)Instrument ClusterTachometer MeterThe person checking this problem needs to confirm a Signal from the ICM on the BLUE wire to the Instrument ClusterIF there is a Signal to the Cluster, then it is likely the Tachometer Metersee attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.