sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Odyssey: My 2001 odyssey car alarm still goes off when a door

Customer Question

My 2001 odyssey car alarm still goes off when a door is ajar even though I have disabled the alarm switch under the hood near the radiator. Any help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I'm assuming you have factory security rather than aftermarket because you didn't mention otherwise. It sounds like you've possibly unplugged the hood ajar switch. The hood ajar switch is watched just like the door ajar switches and the alarm will go off if the hood is oepend while security is active. Unplugging the hood switch wouldn't prevent the system from arming. The factory security system is controlled by software in modules and it's something that you can disable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you mean "can't" disable? If it is something I can disable, please tell me how. Otherwise let me know if I will need to take it to a dealer in order to disable.
Yes, it should have said can't be disabled.