Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist
Experience:  ASE Master Tech
3506196

Crv: Hello, we have a 00 crv that started stalling on our

Hello, we have a 00' crv that started stalling on our daughter, just while driving it 5+minutes it would just quit. Power to everything still, car turns over fine, but we have to wait a little while and then it starts up normally and runs fine until it stalls again, there is no loss of rpm or chugging, it just shuts off. I had the cat changed out cause of a code that showed up. Did not solve the problem, then read about a ignition switch issue and replaced that and it continues to stall, please help? Thanks. Dan
good evening my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you tonight.

The distributor is a very common failure on these models. The sensors inside fail when hot or anytime and the motor will cut off randomly. This is the most common I have found.

The other possibility is the main relay which controls fuel and spark. it is under the left side of the dash and secured by 1 10mm bolt.

Just to be sure, do you have the 4 cylinder motor???

Roy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, thanks for the response, I will get on those two things ASAP
We have the 4 cyl in this crv. I really can't think of anything else but I will get on those two things. If you can possibly recommend any other possibilities beyond that , it would be a great help!
At this point, I believe that one of those 2 is your issue.

Roy