Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  18 yr honda tech, 30 yr experience, 13 ase master tech
54429526

accord: Window wont go all way shut on Honda accord 2 door,

Window won't go all way shut on Honda accord 2 door, goes down fine, then starts going up fine but when it gets about 1/2 inch from the top, it won't go any further and starts making a loud clicking sound. What is likely wrong and is it something I can/should try to fix myself?

Jim :

hi this is jim, i'm here to help you out, the window regulator is no good, the regulator assembly has the motor attached to it and it is cable driven, what has happened is the cable is frayed and binding going up then the motor starts to ratchet which makes that terrible noise, do you need instrcuctions to change the regulator assembly

Jim :

Attachment: accordreg.pdf

Full Size Image
here is how to get the door panel off, the regulator bolts to the door, should take 30mins to change

Customer:

is it the same process for an automatic window? about how much is the regulator? Thanks Jim

Jim :

yes, both instructions are in the file, the regulator is about 125.00